Monday, January 02, 2006

My Parents Love Each Other

That was the big news over the Christmas Holidays.

I noticed this on Christmas Eve when we played Scrabble.

They play Scrabble pretty regularly. I've always been intrigued by the game, because I like words. So I played it with them.

They both kept laughing at stuff, and they had to explain to me what they were laughing about. It was very similar to hanging out with my best friend and his wife.

I played my mom and dad several years ago and won.

This time they both blew me away.

Now it's not like I thought they hated each other.

I guess after so many years of marriage somethings begin to become tolerable. George Constanza's parents from the sitcom 'Seinfeld' come to mind. My parents are defintely not like that.

---------------------------------------------------

Since you've read this far, I want to thank you for taking the time to read this article.

As a token of my appreciation for your valor, I want to share a secret with you....

Anytime somebody knocks on my door, I nearly jump out of my skin. I have found an effective way to deal with this.

If somebody knocks on your door, knock back.

That's right, don't say anything, just knock.

Depending on who's on the other side, you can take this several different ways.

If it's a salesman they will be confused and will either state their business without you ever opening the door, or they will just be confused and they will leave.

If it's someone that you would like to talk to but you don't want them getting inside, and don't like it that they always control the conversation, then this gives you the upper hand. They'll invite you outside and they will want to know what is that you want.

Either that or they will get confused and leave, which might very well be a desired outcome.

If it's a friend, then it's just funny to see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home