Monday, March 20, 2006

Continued Organization

I organized the music folder for my band this weekend, it was pretty crazy, seeing all the music I had transcribed in the last year spread all over the floor.

It was organized between lead sheets that I might play off of, and actual transcriptions of solos.

I have transcribed all of Jimmy Smith's 'The Sermon', and have his recording of 'Just Friends' and 'When Johnny Comes Marching Home' started.

There is also transcriptions of solos by Larry Young and John Patton started.

My main focus on transcriptions is to transpose 'The Sermon' to all keys, I have it in F, the key it was orginally played in, and Bb, and am currently working on the Eb transcription, but the intention is to finish the 'Johnny' solo as I have time to do more transcriptions.

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

Dude, you're making me look like a slacker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home