Friday, February 02, 2007

My C3 Organ From Houston, Part II

Here are some more pictures of the Hammond C3 taken in the last post.




This was a picture I took in attempt at taking a picture of the serial number with the back lid off. Obviously it didn't accomplish that task, but it captured the beauty of the color on the wires. Also, the picture is turned, the serial number plate should be on the bottom, but this is the way the picture turned out, and I like it better this way. If you'll click on this picture and the next they will open to bigger pictures. I think they look better that way.



This was intentional, I wanted to do a close up of the organ. This is my all time favorite picture, this is a personal understanding for me of what they mean when they say a picture is worth a 1000 words. I'm thinking about replacing my Jimmy Smith picture on my desktop with a big version of this. Just 'thinking' though....



Here's the serial number. I'm going to run it and see the year, I think there's a place on the internet to do it. Because of the tight enclosure, I had to drop the camera over the serial number and snap it. It took me several tries to get it right, but I ended up with another jewel....



I like this one, too, the angle, the way the words 'Hammond Organ' and 'console' stretches out.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.seventhstring.com/index.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home