Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Words

I can't stand traditional rhyme schemes. I'm more interested in the rhythm of the text, and sometimes the rhythms rhyme. Here's one with that's predominantly rhythmic with a small dash of rhyme.
-----------------------------------------
Words

I went to the place where your words are today,
And I found that your words are quiet.
I listened carefully, I listened intently,
But not one word could be heard.

I looked to try to see your words,
Whether they be high or low, far or near, tall or small,
I saw nothing, no words for me to see,
No words from you to me.

I thought I heard something,
But it was drowned out by what you were doing.
I sought to understand the meaning of what I heard,
But what you did confused the words-they made no sense.
It was nothing, nothing at all.

I went to the place where my words are today,
To see if there were any words that could be said.
The words that had gone before didn't mean anything,
I said nothing instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home