Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Laurel Crowned Princess-Chapter 5, 'She's So Hi-i-igh, High Above Me, She's So Lovely'


Then the band broke into another familiar song....

She's , flesh and bone
No tucks or silicone
She's touch, smell, sight, taste and sound

But somehow I can't believe
That anything should happen
I know where I belong
And nothing's gonna happen
Yeah, yeah


So I put her, the wouldn't-be princess, who was somewhat unwilling, on the pedestal.

"Stop it, stop it now! This is not the place for me. I was made to be equal to man, not over anyone," she cried.

"And for the love of the English language, CAN it with the antonyming of names for the man whose nose to ground distance is less than normal!!!"

"SHRIEK!!!"

"There now!", the man with maximum shortness exclaimed, quite satisfied. "If she is not a Princess, then she is a Queen! She has been raised to her rightful place for us all to adore, not just higher than I who is short, but higher than all!!!"

'Cause she's so high...
High above me, she's so lovely
She's so high...
Like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite
She's so high...
High above me


In horror I looked to see if he was right and though short in stature, he was large in the truth. She was higher than both small and tall, and out of reach of everyone, including me.

I had been deceived.

She comes to speak to me
I freeze immediately
'Cause what she says sounds so unreal


I tried to find her, to go back to the truth I had known before, but trapped in my own confusion I could no longer recognize her, and was bewildered by her humanly appearance and the supposed goddess image I had built up in my mind about her.

But somehow I can't believe
That anything should happen
I know where I belong
And nothing's gonna happen
Yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah


I tried to raise myself up to her level, of what I thought that was, be the best in the world at what I did...that didn't work.


'Cause she's so high...
High above me, she's so lovely
She's so high...
Like Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, or Aphrodite
She's so high...
High above me


Becoming lost in the desert I became so very hungry and thirsty and tired until I could no longer stand. I made my bed and lay down in the hot sand to collect my thoughts, and fell asleep.

First class and fancy free
She's high society
She's got the best of everything

What could a guy like me
Ever really offer?
She's perfect as she can be
Why should I even bother?


Later that next morning I awoke, and climbed to the top of the dune to see if I could find any water.

At the top of the dune, I saw a mirage off in the distance. I rubbed my eyes because I couldn't believe what I saw, and when I opened them again, it was even clearer to me than before....

Go To Chapter 6

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

I love that song! It's a good "sing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-while-driving-alone" kind of song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home